Medical Receptionist, Marlton NJ (Contract to Hire)
Overview: This contract to hire assignment will be based in office of a south jersey physician. The person will working as a medical receptionist greeting patients and scheduling appointments. Daytime hours, Monday through Friday work schedule. Some evenings and weekend shift may be required. Our client is offering a competitive hourly rate of $13-$15, commensurate with experience.
• Greet patients and visitors
• Use EMR system to check in patients and schedule appointments
• Answer phone calls
• Education – High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Prefer Associates degree or equivalent work experience.
• At least one year of Medical Reception experience
• Knowledge and experience using EMR system
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology
• Good computer skills
• Friendly, warm and empathetic
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment and think on your feet
• Interpersonal communication skills are essential in this position to ensure good customer relations.
• The individual must demonstrate the ability to organize, and analyze complex and diverse information and use same to resolve problems in a timely manner.
• The individual must pursue training and development opportunities in order to continuously build knowledge and skills. Must be willing to share expertise with others.
• The individual must be able to manage difficult customer situations and respond promptly to customer needs. The maintenance of confidentiality is essential.
• The individual must be able to read, understand written and verbal instructions, speak and write clearly in order to communicate effectively. Must be able to demonstrate group presentation skills.
• The individual must display openness to others views, must be able to balance team and individual responsibilities. Must contribute to building positive team spirit by supporting everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• The individual must show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences and work toward promoting a harassment free environment and diverse workforce. The individual must treat everyone with respect, work with integrity and uphold and support organizational values and goals.
• The individual must follow all organizational policies and procedures.
• The individual must be able to prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently. He or she must react well under pressure and accept responsibilities for his/her own actions. The individual must respond to management direction.
• The individual must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, apply feedback to improve performance and monitor his or her own work to ensure quality. Individual should always be willing to generate suggestions to improve individual and departmental performance.
• The individual must be punctual at all times and ensure that work responsibilities are covered in his/her absence. Must complete tasks correctly and on time.