Must have Distribution, Manufacturing or Production Experience.
Summary: Reporting to the Quality Manager, this position is responsible for all functions of the Quality Department as they relate to the implementation and maintenance of Company quality directives. The position will serve as the liaison between the Sales, Purchasing, Warehouse and Quality teams to provide effective and professional Quality Department support by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and assist in managing Internal Audits for an AS9100 certified Quality System
- Maintain calibration and preventive maintenance programs
- Provide Document Control support, create quality procedures and documentation as needed
- Oversee Internal and External Corrective Action program
- Gather and report monthly key process measures
- Document quality records, i.e., audit reports, inspection records, first article inspection, nonconforming material records as appropriate using company computer and database systems
- Assist in determining root cause and corrective action activities for process and product improvements
- Adhere to the principles of “5 S” to maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area
- Participate in company sponsored training and process improvement activities
- Complying with all Comany Policies as defined in the Employee Handbook
- Pursuing continuous improvement through training and process improvement
- Complies with all applicable elements of Quality Management Systems
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities.
Judgment – Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college/university or a minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a related Quality role in either distribution/warehousing or a manufacturing environment (or a combination of education and experience)
- Computer Skills including: Working knowledge of Microsoft based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
To apply for this position please email your updated resume(Microsoft Word Format) to firstname.lastname@example.orgClick Here to Submit Your Resume