Full-Time Position – $17/hr
Overview: Inspector position responsible for performing inspections of cables and wire harnesses in a contract manufacturing environment.
- Qualified candidates will have at least 2 years direct experience in quality inspection of cables and wire harnesses with ability to read and understand manufacturing instructions, operating procedures, engineering drawings, schematics, bills of material and specifications for the use of inspecting assemblies.
- Must have experience and requires ability to utilize calipers, micrometers, optical inspection machine, and electronic test equipment as a means of inspection.
- Interprets industry standards and customer provided design documentation to determine acceptability criteria.
- Examines assemblies for physical defects such as incorrect wiring, solder bridges, opens, missing or incorrect components, bent pins and other damaged components.
- Compares hardware on assemblies, sub-assemblies, and parts to parts list to verify assembly
- Rejects discrepant assembly, part, component, or documentation and records type and quantity of defects.
- Measures parts to verify accuracy of dimensions utilizing micrometers, calipers and other various measuring scales.
- Sorts nonconforming assemblies for rework or disposition by the quality manager.
- Maintains records of inspection process, progress and results and informs management of results.
- Input Defect / Yield data into Quality database.
- Works under minimal supervision from Quality Supervisor.
- Is consistently at work and on time. Must adhere to company policies and specified work schedule.
- Associates degree, plus 2 years Quality Control experience
- Basic math skills required
- Acceptable visual acuity and eye-hand coordination
- Must have, or be able to acquire, operator certification for IPC-A-610
- Must have, or be able to acquire, operator certification for J-STD-001
- WHMA/IPC-A620 (as applicable) certification preferred.
- Ability to review and interpret technical data packages for electronic assemblies
- Have experience with electronic assembly including; SMT, T/H & Mechanical
- Ability to effectively operate visual magnification devices (scope)
- Ability to effectively operate and interpret basic electronic and mechanical measuring devices
- Candidates must be able to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced working environment
- Foster and maintain professional and productive relationships with other staff and management
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer based applications
Qualified candidates please submit your updated resume(Microsoft Word Format) to email@example.comClick Here to Submit Your Resume