Summary: Responsible for recording transactions, reconciling accounts and creating financial reports to share with management, reviewing time records from the Express Time system daily and running the biweekly payroll. Must have experience with ADP Workforce Now. As the sole member of this department, other tasks to be completed as assigned.
- Record day to day monetary transactions, including purchases and incoming payments.
- Keep accurate financial records and ledgers.
- Balance books and double check accounts for errors.
- Complete tax forms and assist in the tax preparation.
- Process accounts receivables.
- Issue financial statements, including bills and receipts.
- Maintain a cordial relationship with customers.
- Follow up on delinquent accounts and ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Create quarterly financial reports and submit to management.
- Manage payroll in a timely and efficient manner.
- Run and review Express Time reports from the previous day. Identify variances from budget hours and provide a summary to the Operations Managers. Make edits to Express Time daily as appropriate for double punches, missed punches.
- Work closely with management to ensure all employee and building information in Express Time and ADP is accurate and up to date. Notes entered in Express Time in a timely manner and weekly planner is reviewed and updated accordingly. Meet with Regional Manager weekly, as well as Supervisors to ensure accuracy. Run time cards at the end of each pay period and enter hours into ADP.
- Confirm employee absenteeism is recorded accurately into Express Time.
- Back up phone calls when Receptionist is unavailable; manage employees call-outs, e-mail necessary management.
- Maintain records of employee vacation time and unpaid days off.
- Scan payroll register and save to the HR/Payroll directly by pay period.
- Update google sheet report monthly to reflect new hires, terminations and any other status or pay rate changes; review with HR Coordinator. Initial and file hard copy documentation in the employee files.
- Ensure that employee deductions are entered into ADP (direct deposit, taxes, benefits, loans, garnishments, reimbursements, etc.).
- Process payroll after reviewing the general register with the HR Manager.
- Sort and distribute checks when they arrive. Respond to employee inquiries regarding their checks.
- Create manual checks as needed. Record checks on manual check log and ensure entry into ADP is complete.
- Process Unemployment Compensation Notices and request for wages within the deadlines indicated on the notices. Discuss any involuntary terminations with the HR Manager before completing the form.
- Respond to all employment verification requests with dates of employment and title. Requests for wages must be accompanied with a signature release from the employee/former employee.
- Verify benefit enrollments and terminations through carrier websites and enter deductions in ADP payroll.
- File all disciplinary actions and other employee documentation including performance reviews. Make corresponding entries into ADP and Express Time as necessary.
- Fill out FMLA/Short Term Disability forms for eligible employees and keep separate file for documentation.
- Maintain file for WOTC eligible employees and track on ADP monthly report.
- Notify employees when eligible for Medical benefits and mail enrollment information; verify ADP WFN is tracking accordingly.
- Run Workers Compensation report once a month to submit to Zenith.
- Set up of PTO (paid sick leave)/Vacation accrual on ExpressTime and ADP WFN.
- Keep accurate account of PTO (paid sick leave)/Vacation time usage and make notes on ExpressTime accordingly.
- Audit mileage reimbursements from inspectors and managers to verify mileage by MapQuest and report variances to Operations Managers.
- Enter new employees ADP as they are hired.
- Alert management of overtime hours and provide OT report after each pay period.
- All payroll related accounting functions.
- Generate appropriate reports and review before distributing W2’s in conjunction with accounting.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates degree preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- At least Two (2) years previous payroll administration experience preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred; but not necessary
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in ADP WFN, MS Word, Excel, QuickBooks and Google Docs
To apply: Click the link to complete online application https://www.perryresources.com/employee-portal/
** If you are already registered with Perry Resources please contact your recruiter directly (856) 596-9400